Best Military Lawyer for Army Soldiers
David E. Coombs is an Army only military lawyer. His firm was established to provide the best military defense possible for Army soldiers. The firm is the only one in the country to specialize in Army defense. Mr. Coombs’ decision to represent only Army soldiers is influenced by his belief that every branch of service is different, and that you need not only the best military lawyer, but also the best Army lawyer on your side who truly understands your particular branch of service.
Mr. Coombs understands the cultures, customs, and nuances of Army life. Those lawyers who have served in the Air Force, Marines, or Coast Guard may not. This doesn’t mean that they aren’t good lawyers – it just means that they may not be the best military lawyer for you. By specializing exclusively in Army criminal defense, Mr. Coombs can master every facet of the Army justice system. You can be assured that Mr. Coombs will be aware of latest Army case law, procedures, and regulatory changes that may impact your case.
David E. Coombs is widely regarded as one of the best military lawyers. He has been practicing criminal law for two decades, and has handled hundreds of administrative and criminal cases in the Army justice system. Most importantly, he gets results. Here are some things you should know about Mr. Coombs:
- Served on active duty for 12 years; currently serves as a Lieutenant Colonel in the U.S. Army reserves
- Prosecuted or defended over 150 Army cases
- Handled approximately 2,000 Army administrative actions (to include Article 15s, Boards, GOMORS)
- Certified as a Military Judge
- Lead attorney in two of the most complex and high profile cases in U.S. military history (United States v. Manning and United States v. Akbar)
- Deployed to Iraq in 2008 where he served on the “Law and Order” Task Force, revising the Iraqi evidentiary code (also deployed twice to Kuwait in 1998 and 2002)
- Professor of Law at the JAG School (2007-2013)
- Weisberger Visiting Associate Professor of Law at Roger Williams University School of Law (2014-present
- Currently serves as Appellate Defense Counsel in U.S. Army reserves
Whether you are facing a general court-martial, administrative separation, a show-cause board, an appeal from a court-martial conviction, or any other adverse administrative action, Mr. Coombs has the experience and insight to effectively fight for your rights. Mr. Coombs combines an astute legal mind, a tireless work ethic, and a personal demand for excellence to achieve optimal results.
When you are deciding whether to hire Mr. Coombs, he will discuss your case with you at length, explain your rights, and go over all of your legal options so that nothing is left unclear or misunderstood. When you retain the services of our firm, you can expect to receive frequent correspondence, individualized attention, and professionalism at each stage of your case.
The military lawyer who will represent you is not just of vital importance, it is personal. If you or someone you love is facing a court-martial or an adverse administrative action in the United States Army, you have come to the right place. Mr. Coombs is fully prepared to begin defending you today. He makes it a priority to provide you with personal attention and dedication to help you get back to your life. Contact Mr. Coombs today for a free initial consultation.