Mail Policy for PFC Bradley Manning
As previously noted, PFC Manning is eligible to receive mail from anyone who wishes to write to him. However, the Joint Regional Correctional Facility (JRCF) does place certain restrictions on what can be sent to the facility. The JRCF will reject any mail that violates postal regulations or contains obscenity, blackmail, contraband or threats. In addition, the JRCF has provided the following list of authorized and unauthorized items:
• Letters – Unlimited, cannot contain written sexually explicit material.
• Photos – Unlimited, cannot contain full or partial nudity
• Internet Printouts – Cannot exceed 5 pages per day.
• Newspaper, magazines, periodicals, books and other publications must be purchased and received directly from the publisher or a commercial source.
• Funds – Postal money orders and cashiers’ checks made out to the inmate will be accepted.
• Personal checks
• Food Items
• Musical/Electronic Cards
• Any tangible items (jewelry, clothing, etc.)